Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 6 Reality

Thich Nhat Hanh
Embrace Reality

When you deny the reality of life, you appreciate it less.

I am of the nature to grow old.
There is no way to escape growing old.

I am of the nature to have ill health.
There is no way to escape ill health.

I am of the nature to die.
There is no way to escape death.

All that is dear to me and everyone I love
are the nature to change.

There is no way to escape
being separated from them.

My actions are my only true belongings.
I cannot escape the consequences of my actions.

My actions are the ground upon which I stand.

from: The Plum Village Chanting, by Thich Nhat Hanh

Broc Says,
What Ive learned This day.
Reality is Simple. Everything that can happen is Out of control in most aspects of life. There is no way that each day, hour or minute can be as planned.
You just have to let it go. Suck in your gut and get over it.

Imagine this: Your on your way home from a long hard day. Your extremely tired, ready to get home and put your feet up after a long bath, then WAM.
The cars out of gas. As you pull over to the side of the interstate you roll over a nail and your tire is now flat.
What do you do??
Start cussing. Through your arms in the air and let the stress over come your body.
NO. NO.
This is what I would do.
Grab my belly and support the enormous laughter that is my stupidity.
Laugh laugh and laugh again.
There is nothing you can do but fix the problem in front of you.
Always steady but not overwhelmed.
Life is so difficult sometimes and you may think that it couldn't get any worse, but it is never as bad for you as it is for someone else.

Each moment of everyday is a moment for learning how to be stronger and better.
Reality is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment